Your home is important, so you need to insure it. After all, it’s more than just a building; it’s where you live most of your life, share experiences and priceless memories with family, and it’s where you keep your most precious belongings. It’s also likely to be your most valuable asset.
It’s good to shop around for the right home insurance product for your home, but it’s important to note that Price Comparison websites have the following hidden dangers:
- The quality of the policy is ignored in favour of price – this ‘race to the bottom’ means they are ‘stripped out’ and can offer poor value for money, and may not pay-out should you need to make a claim
- The policies often exclude ‘Accidental Damage’ cover or ‘Personal Possessions’. They only give a brief overview of what you are covered for, and there may be hidden exclusions and excesses.
- Every insurer that provides a quote leaves a footprint (often 20+ searches) on your credit file, which can adversely affect your credit score and affect the range of mortgages you can secure lending for.
At Mortgage Advice Brokerage, we take a unique approach to your insurance to make sure you take out a policy that’s right for you.
We have teamed up with the quality-controlled Source Home Insurance Quote comparison service for our clients to use. The benefits are:
- You can search pre-vetted insurers and policies (that are rated from 1 to 5) with only policies of rating 3 or above allowed to quote – so you can rest assured that the quality of the policy will be excellent, and with a high chance of it paying out.
- You can easily choose what cover you need with all policy options and excesses clearly displayed
- There will be NO credit searches recorded on your credit file when you obtain quotes, leaving no footprints that could affect your changes of taking out a mortgage, credit card or loan in the future.
At Mortgage Advice Brokerage, we can give you peace of mind that your home and all its contents are fully protected.
We liken buying Home Insurance to having a parachute; “you hope you’ll never need to use it, but if you do, you don’t want to find holes in it”!
Find the right home insurance policy, without affecting your credit score on the source website.